Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Thunder: Perfect Mind


Recently, I came across this Prada ad from back in 2005 and I instantly fell in love with it.  How could one not?  I mean, with the beautiful Daria Werbowy starring and her reciting of several lines from this mysterious and marvelous poem found among old gnostic manuscripts, it was hard not to love.

The poem is pretty difficult to grasp and understand (for me, I'm such a beginners) with all the weird and awkwardly beautiful opposites.  I am not too sure as to what the poem is about exactly, so after some research, this is what I have concluded.  That the speaker, the female divine power, speaks of unity and opposites, and the beauty and radiance of all things in life.

some of my favorite lines were:

for i am the first and the last.

come forward to childhood
and do not despise it
because it is small and it is little.
and do not turn away greatnesses
in some parts from the smallnesses
for the smallnesses are known from the greatnesses.

i am control and uncontrollable.
i am strength and i am fear.
i am war and peace.
i am the substance and the one who has no substance.
But i, i am compassionate and i am cruel.

i am the silence that is incomprehensible and
the idea whose remembrance is frequent. 

for the full poem, click this link http://deoxy.org/thunder.htm

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment