Sunday, March 3, 2013

movie time: Silver Linings Playbook



I just watched Silver Linings Playbook, as many people also did, I believe, and I enjoyed it a lot.  I mean, a movie with Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro can't be bad, can it?  The movie is not just an ordinary rom-com, but an inspiring story of love, family, friends, understanding and acceptance.  This whole movie experience was an emotional roller coaster ride, as I get all laughing and smiling at times and then get all quiet and deep other times, feeling the hurt inside of these characters.  I also enjoyed a lot the witty dialogues between characters in the movies.

The way Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence portrayed their troubled and complicated characters, Pat and Tiffany, was intense and passionate.  This movie goes to show that Bradley Cooper is not just a pretty face, nor is he just an actor of comedy (queue Hangover series), but an actor capable of taking on serious and emotional roles.  Jennifer Lawrence also showed what she is capable of in Silver Linings Playbook (Oscars at twenty-two, I mean, you go girl!).  She not only can be the tribute Katniss who seemed kind of depressed and quiet, but she can also be the wild and quirky Tiffany.

I especially loved the scene when Bradley Cooper was trying to find his wedding tape and ended up causing a havoc, when he yelled "I'm not calming down. I don't give a fuck who hears me. I'm not calming down. I'm not ashamed of it, I'm not ashamed of it.  Let the whole neighborhood wake up. I don't care."  The way he acted it out, I am not sure how (I am no actor nor expert), but perhaps the way he said it, the way his face became, the tone he said it in, just made me connect with the character right that instant.  He seemed desperate and mad and lost all at once, and it all just touched my heart.  Seeing how Pat and Tiffany made it out of their mental disorders and climbed back up from the dark pits of their lives, makes me feel good, like, I can achieve whatever I want to do and I can find happiness too. (I don't have disorders, just to clarify)

Plus, the soundtrack of this movie is really good too!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4888369/?claim=zmgxyfswqx3">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment