Sunday, August 18, 2013

mama's girl


To honor the ending of my birthday week, (yes, my birthday is such a big deal that it lasts whole week) here is an extract I found on tumblr and really liked.  And it kind of echoes with, or kind of offers a different way out to my hopeless birthday post/rant on Monday, that while being older and an adult, we lose our innocence and naivety.

I guess the inner child in us never dies and shows up whenever we feel different emotions.  I particularly was touched by the line, "or maybe some days you might need to sit on your mama's lap because you're scared, and that's the part of you that's five."  True, no matter how old I get, I will always need my mama, perhaps not sitting on her lap because that would probably cripple her; but her embrace and her comforting presence, I will always need.  I will always be her little girl, and that for one I know and gives me console when in face with the cruel and the unknown adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment