Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ten Thousand Days


This short dark comedy, written and directed my Michael Duignan is pretty darn amazing.  I love how the plot/ fate was playing games with the characters and messing up everything.  Just imagine the frustration you'll feel when you know you were supposed to die on one specific day and you got all ready for it, but then you just couldn't. (right?)  And I think that was quite a spot-on presentation of how life is, how fate messes with us.  There are bad timings, things that we thought should have happened but didn't, things that we thought wouldn't happen anymore all of a sudden befall on us, etc... So props to you, writer of the film.
I also really enjoyed the background music in the video, it just adds so much more flavor and emotions to it.  The color grade was spot on as well, I really enjoyed this old-movie-polaroid-type of presentation.  And the little twist in the end is the cherry on top.  (how many cousins are there lol)

And there is no reason why I shouldn't have quoted this following from the film.  I'm sure you fell in love with these lines too when you were watching.  So, I quoted it and here it goes:

Tell them life is short.  
I love too much and I fear too little.  
Tell them I never wasted one moment
 for doubt or hesitation, or regret. 
 I was a lover and a fighter and a poet. 
 Tell them I danced on the edge and
 I drank down life to the last sweet drop.

I wish I could say that about my life when it is my time to go.  I wish my life could be summed up in a poetic way, just like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment