Friday, January 16, 2015

How I think it goes.


Not much of a clue where this rant is going, and not that I'm at that point of losing, or having lost anyone. Just that perhaps I have reached the point that I've found someone I fear losing. Perhaps that's why, lately, I've had this thought in my head. Isn't it funny how once we've found someone, we could't stand to lose them?

Or put it in another way. See, we are all born alone. Of course, we have our mother, our father, our sisters and brothers, and we are attached to them. We are born with the same blood flowing in our veins. Yes, we will be afraid to lose them. But other than that, we were practically alone. We were perfectly alone. We weren't afraid to lose anything.

A warm handhold at the park, a gentle brush of the lips on the cheek, a breath of strawberry chapstick, a tender curl of hair behind the ear, and everything changes. A stranger has all of a sudden become everything. We believe that we've found the pearl of the ocean and we know we never want to part with it.

All of a sudden, we couldn't be alone. We grew attached and we couldn't stand the thought of losing him or her. W grew to believe that the earth would crack, darkness would descend and the world would end if we ever lose that person (that was once a stranger) who has become so important to us.

And when it's really over, we'll probably find that the world isn't ending. But we wouldn't believe it at first, because we think we've lost everything. And I guess some of us will know in the end that it's not the end of the world. Some will be fine with being alone again. Some will be warmed by other hands and other kisses. But some might never go back to how it was used to be.

And honestly, I don't know how to end this post either. I think all I can say is, I hope I never lose anyone that is important to me, who I get attached to. But at the same time, I'd like to think of myself as the ones that, when the time really comes, know that I was once perfectly fine on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment