Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Saddest Word in English


There is a 6 word story that goes like this.  The saddest word in English: stay.  
Immediately, my mind jumped to Rihanna's 'Stay', which is the most played song (457 times) on my iTunes.  It was my anthem last October through December, when I kept playing and replaying because, well, it sung my heart and mind back then.  


My favorite version of the song is not the original music video or the studio version, but Rihanna's performance on SNL.  I could feel her hurt and pain through her voice and her eyes.  I feel like she was singing her heart out, baring her cuts and bruises for the whole world to see, bravely.  It is so moving, and I feel so bad for her every time I see this video, I wish I can share a piece of her pain.  Go watch it, see it for yourself, and you will know what I mean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment