Monday, February 24, 2014

Crush



This fashion short by Rachel Antonoff and Bianca Giaever is sweet and adorable.  It is a retelling of how Rachel Antonoff's parents met and fell in love.  A video with cute clothes and a charming and comedic storyline hits the home run in my heart.  The short stars Jack Antonoff, Rachel Antonoff's brother and Fun.'s guitarist, and Gilian Jacobs.  The narration of the characters, Rick and Shira, is sincere and delightful.  They sure do sound like elders retelling of sweet memories of their past.  The filming, the set and the overall vibe has a certain vintage-y and retro feel to it, and the performances reminds me of old school silent films, where actors give hyperbolic movements and expressions to articulate their characters' thoughts and feelings.  The entire short is colorful and vibrant, and I especially love all the pinks in their costumes, the pink sweaters, pants and shorts.  Gosh, I need some pink in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment