Monday, January 27, 2014

High Highs


Recently, I am loving the mellow and echoey sound of the High Highs.  This Sydney, Australian born (now Brooklyn-based) band is mega-awesome and mega-rad.  Their songs relax and unwind me.  Perfect for the moments of escape from the hectic reality that everybody needs. 


This is the most well-known song by them, played while the credits roll in Pitch Perfect.  And apparently it was in Catfish as well?

This one is my favorite.  It's their cover of Pnau's The Truth, but I love this version way more.  And here's my favorite bit.

You know I met you baby I thought that you were the sun
I felt your presence and your pure warmth shone upon
And then the night fell hard and you were the moon
I rode your waves but I fell too soon

I thought you were the truth



Here is an 30 mins performance by the High Highs.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment