Friday, February 6, 2015

Talks on Ancient Remedies - Poo Wine



I get annoyed every time someone makes fun of ancient asian herbal medicines or medical treatments, such as acupuncture and fire cupping. I have personally seen them work on my family members and have tried some of them myself. These ancient wisdom of my ancestors have been working and functioning long before the western science scene has remotely developed. And I can't stand it when people make jokes and think that what my ancestors developed was unscientific, was 'monkey magic', yes indeed, someone told me right in my face. For one, it's very rude of them to say that, and two, they haven't even tried it so how could they judge.

I wouldn't deny the medical functions of this age-old recipe of the Korean Poo Wine, I couldn't because I haven't tried, or known anyone who had tried it, personally. But what I can agree is that the idea of poo wine definitely grossed me out. I would very much have acted like the reporter here if I were to have drank it, I mean, it's poo we are talking about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment