Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Time Travel Lover


Imagine you can go back in time to warn your past self about what their actions will lead to in the future. Will you do it? I don't know if I will. In Time Travel Lover, Matt and Hannah meet different versions of Matt in the future, warning them, or rather, warning Matt, what happens in the future if the two of them get together that night. This is indeed comedic and sic-fi-ish, and I really enjoyed the chaos between the many future Matts and Matt and Hannah.

In Hannah's out burst/ short soliloquy, 

Why do you want to control everything?
Things happen in life, there's a million ways things can happen.
I'm not your only option; and you're certainly not mine.

she spoke the hearts of many people, of their idea of love. No one seems to be settled down, or want to settle down. It's all about short term satisfaction and getting laid. Yes, it is true that things can happen a million ways and there is no way we can control them. And there are many options that we can choose from. But well, I guess it me being old-fashioned, but I think that love is about being long-term, finding a forever, and settling down. And I think we keep that in mind before we go into relationships because with every person we are with, we should be looking for a forever in them. Or at least for me, I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment